How to Join Us!
You can can now join the club online via the British Cycling website at the following page:
Membership Fees for 2022 are to be the same as 2021!
The link will bring you to the page showing Buy Club Membership. Click on this and complete the form. If prompted to choose a BC membership type, if you do not want this, click on No Thanks. Note that there will be a £1 administration fee paid to British Cycling.
Join with a Membership Form
To join with a membership form, you will need to download, print out and complete the form below and send it, along with a cheque payable to Matlock Cycling Club for the relevant amount to:
Mr John White
12 Park Avenue,
We would strongly advise all members to become members of either CyclingUK (formerly called the Cyclists Touring Club (link to website) or British Cycling (link to website). There are many benefits to joining either organisation but membership of either will give the rider third party accident insurance and will help with legal action in the case of an accident. We request that members in the under 18 category be a member of Cyclists Touring Club or British Cycling.
Benefits of club membership include:
An extensive programme of races and social rides
Discounted prices at with our club sponsors
Matlock Coaching sessions for riders
10% discount at Stanley Fearn Cycles (club sponsors). For discount at Stanley Fearns please take your club membership card with you.
Benefits specifically for our Junior and Go-ride 1st Claim members:
Access to Cluster sessions – sessions designed to allow club youngsters access to facilities like Derby Velodrome
Access to additional coaching sessions for youngsters - Cyclocross / Mountain Bike and Road
Access to advanced coaching/RSR/NSR session where appropriate.
Access to Matlock Youth Team activities
Click on the Membership Form below to download:
Annual Membership Prices:
Junior(16+) or Under 23 £6
Second Claim £11.50
Club Time Trial Season Pass* £40 (note the CTT TT levy is currently at £4 per ride and our constitution sets the TT pass at 10 x levy and Pass is only available for MCC First Claim members)
(*Time Trial Passes will not be available to Second Claim members and those Second Claim U23’s will have to pay for any Club Time Trial they ride).
GDPR General Data Protection Regulation
Matlock Cycling Club (MCC) is established with the objects set out in its constitution,and is a data controller within the UK. The personal information referred to in this Policy may include name, contact details, service records, records of entries to events, and such other information as may be necessary for the effective management of the legitimate interests of MCC and its members. Any person wishing to verify the information held by MCC may apply to the Secretary. MCC collects and holds personal information about:
1. The members of the club.
• This information is used to facilitate administration and services. The information is compiled into a spreadsheet. Club Members’ email addresses may be in committee member’s address books for club purposes.
2. Others necessary for the conduct of the business of MCC.
• This information is used to contact other cycling groups or associated bodies for the club.
MCC may retain historical archives for example but not limited to, records of meetings, handbooks, catalogues, awards and other event results.
3. As a club member your information may be shared on the club website, social media pages or in emails sent by the club. This data will only be shared in the event that either you are a club volunteer, have participated in a race or challenge event or have recorded a major achievement. This data will be limited to your name, race results (if applicable) and details of your achievement. Limited further information about you may be included; for example, whether you have participated in a juniors’ race or a women’s race.
4. You can unsubscribe at any time from our email distribution list. To Unsubscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Unsubscribe” in the Subject Field.